However the design of swimming pools is changing with these latest trends reflecting the market in 2018.
1. Solar heating is now easier than ever, cost saving, and allows more swimming time in the cooler Melbourne months.
2. Smaller pools and plunge pools that don’t dominate the back-yard and leave space for other outdoor entertaining
3. Landscape architecture that places the pool at the centre of a beautiful vista that can be viewed from indoors
4. Self-cleaning pools for our increasingly time poor lives
5. Pools that are close to the house and easily seen from inside providing a relaxing view at any time of year.
Due to the calibre of the homes we sell at Marshall White, we see many beautiful pools.
From the Brighton beach to the CBD, in ground to overhead, here are some of our favourite pools of 2018:
48 Adeney Avenue, Kew
A classic and understated pool perfectly complimenting the Federation architecture of the home.
9 Barnard Road, Toorak
25 Beach Street, Port Melbourne
A penthouse pool with a million dollar view provides the ultimate Summer entertaining area.
29 Palermo Street, South Yarra
Eye catching design that would be at home in a W Hotel, this is a unique pool with an underwater view.
13 Foote Street, Brighton
Ultimate indoor-outdoor luxury with this wrap-around design that hugs the corners of the home.
406/8 Bligh Place, Melbourne
Proving bigger is not necessarily better, this boutique sized pool adds wow factor.
5 Fewster Road, Hampton
Bringing the outside in, this pool adds a calming blur vista to the living room for year-round enjoyment.
11 Selwyn Street, Brighton
A classic lap pool with spa, this pool proves you don’t need a huge amount of land to add wow factor.
Displaying the latest architectural style, this pool/pavillion is strikingly simple in design showcasing the very best tiles and granite. Read more here.
107 Willis Street, Hampton
With so many options for outdoor entertaining, this pool is perfectly adaptable to the Melbourne weather.
13 Leopold Street, Glen Iris
Where green meets blue, this pool sits within the garden offering a relaxing oasis any time of year.
9 Woodside Crescent, Toorak
Featuring fountain-like features, this pool not only provides a beautiful vista but also a calming atmosphere via the sound of running water.