News & Insights
Melbourne is famous for being one of the world’s most liveable cities, and also for its fickle climate, often experiencing four seasons in one day. So, it stands to reason that our most liveable homes, are ones that are designed to shine, whatever the weather.
Homes-for-all-seasons are ones that can tick a few of these boxes.
1. A Northerly Aspect. Receiving direct sunlight for most of the day, a home that makes use of its north-facing aspect, through generous-sized glass doors and windows, will be light-filled and cheery, even during winter.
2. Adaptable Alfresco Area. In summer we love a seamless, open flowing indoor/outdoor zones. In the colder months, it’s great to be able to still enjoy the area, by using heating, blinds, and awnings to create a cosy outdoor zone.
3. Heated Pool/Spa. If you’re going to splash out on a pool in Melbourne, heating is a must if you want to use it year-round. Solar heating is great to take the edge off in the warmer months, but a gas or dual system may be required for the depths of winter.
4. Views. If you’re lucky enough to have a fabulous water, cityscape or mountain view, there is simply no better way to enjoy the drama of Melbourne’s everchanging weather than by simply watching it roll in.
5. Flame Heating. Whether it’s a wood fire, gas log or gas pebble – a flame heater creates ambience as well as warmth and is a must for the winter months. The advantage of new-age gas flame heaters is that they are designed as integrated aesthetic features, so they look beautiful even when the flame is turned off.
Of course, we have some homes listed by Marshall White that are perfect for any season.
Here are some of our current favourites…
Newly built and luxuriously appointed, everything about this grand-scale home is exceptional. Impeccable planning has created the ultimate entertainer’s oasis that’s also a family-friendly hideaway. Dine outdoors in the heated barbecue zone, gather around the firepit where there’s integrated seating, and admire the no-expense-spared quality of this iconic home crafted by Dwell &Co.
Capturing spectacular beach and city views, perfect for watching the storms roll in across the Bay, this magnificent 3-bedroom balconied Victorian residence blends period elegance and contemporary style and is wonderfully sun-lit by the north facing rear aspect and garden.
Within the boutique ‘Botanical’ building, this generous yet cosy apartment is warmed by a gas log fireplace and underpinned by a gourmet kitchen, all with seamless connection to a broad balcony that allows you to gather around its built-in BBQ while basking in the afternoon sun.