Several household items are potentially at risk of leaking carbon monoxide. The safest way to prevent poisoning in your rental home is to have a detector installed and make sure that it is properly maintained..
‘We used to go out and put our own auction flags up, back before you had scabbards to put the flags in. Instead there were clamps right at the top of the boards, so my husband would drive me to the house, he’d put me on his shoulders and I’d be able to reach and put the clamps on the top,’ she laughs. ‘That’s certainly changed!’